April 25, 2008

Automation and Activism


Primordial Soup Updates::

I have been involved with a series of workshops at Studio XX in Montreal called Automation and Activism.  The workshops have offered a great introduction to different programs using Linux Operating system and open source softwares.   All the technical assistance will aid in developing my project.

Gotta love grassroots.

I unfortunately missed a bunch of classes in January and February while I was in Florida.  BUT NOW I AM BACK! and I am soaking it up.   
In particular Pure Data with Alexandre Quessy

Pure Data is an instrumental part of my installation Primordial Soup and will be integrated with Arduino to create the interactive component of the video.  

A bit intimidating at first staring at that blank white screen! All the Objects and numbers and messages can be a bit confusing.....But when I opened up a prebuilt patch, and discovered the vast community available for help I got pretty excited about all the possibilities. Pure Data is incredibly user friendly and the graphical layout is playful and instinctual to use.

progress is going well, as long as I don't get too distracted with other ideas! 


No comments: