May 26, 2008

Pure Data Reigns!


Every Sunday I have been participating in a series of Workshops at Studio XX, in Montreal.

 Automation & Activism:: 
an introduction to open source technology_grass roots software free and open to the public domain. Go Linux! 

My main activities have been playing around with electronics and Pure Data.

With the help of Alex Quessy I have a patch to scrub video or audio tracks with the use of a motion sensor.  The video and or audio plays forward and backward at the speed and motion of your hand moving overtop the sensor. 
---kinda like a theremin....but with a bit more control - the frame rate will play at the speed of my hand going up and down, and I can play whatever audio cue I want to upload---  

For audio it acts like a Dj scratching a turn table, for video it is like scrubbing up and down the timeline...but only a little more magical, cause there is no timeline, and I don't actually touch any buttons.  hehehe  

This new patch will most likely be integrated with my project Primordial Soup....




No comments: