May 07, 2008

Eurika! Primordial Soup is Interactive!















This week has been fantastically productive in all projects.

The main breakthrough is finally applying a physical interaction to my video project, Primordial Soup.

Thanks to Alexandre Quessy.  Who has introduced me to Simple Message System - my life has been made so much easier.

(I was getting quite overwhelmed.  All this programing language and electronics seems a bit over my head at times.)

But a basic understanding of wiring and electricity with my breadboard, creating a switch with the arduino....then I Upload simple message system, and I instantly have communication with Pure Data and Arduino!

Eurika!

After tweaking the patch in Pure data a bit, I am sable to send the incoming data to change the variables in my animations.

Now my microbial animation are at the mercy of my control.....by turning the knob or using an infared motion sensor I can alter the speed, attraction and orbiting pattern of the Boids.  All very exciting results.

I finally reap the fruits of my labour.

Thanks to these great people::
My arduino Coach  = Patrice Coloumb
CALQ

No comments: